Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Knotted Bun

I did a post called Knotted Updo linked here. I really loved it and felt inspired to get out my old cosmetology books and look at the long hair styling book. I was so surprised at all of the things that I had forgotten over the years from this book and in fact I found a section in the book totally devoted to knotting and this was one of the styles it showed.
I just did the same thing from my Knotted Updo post, the only difference being that I only did one ponytail instead of 3. I parted the hair horizontally 4 times and then split each of those partings down the middle. So I ended up with 8 different 1/2 inch sections that were knotted.
Then I just rolled them like you would roll hair around a hot roller, going around her ponytail creating the bun, leaving out 3 sections from the middle of her ponytail to roll and stack on top of the rolls I just formed.
This style requires a lot of bobby pins, first to secure it to the head and then to link separate loops together so it won't fall down and out.
Once you get all of the hair pinned where you want it to go, spray it down with hairspray and get the fly aways down the best you can.
I did this on wet hair, but you could do it on dry hair that has the ends curled and leave the ends out when pinning it up to add more loops to the bun. I also didn't accessorize it for the pictures, but you are creative enough to figure out what you can put in to add some flair and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment